New technologies and training
About New Technologies and Training:
Covid-19: Digital Skills Online Resources and Support
The Cheshire and Warrington Digital Skills Partnership is raising awareness of some of the digital tools, online support materials and support that may help in the short term during these business-critical times.
Other Digital Skills Training Opportunities
There are many online digital skills courses that help to develop digital skills needed for life and work in a digital age. These include skills for in demand jobs as well as essential digital skills. Find out more here.
Specialist Equipment Supporting the Use of New Technologies and Development Digital and Technical Skills
In 2019 the Employers’ Skills and Education Board consulted on how best to invest £5 million of Local Growth Fund in the specialist equipment needed to raise awareness of new technologies and deliver digital and technical training to as many residents as possible across Cheshire and Warrington.
The seventeen projects already approved are contracted to reach:
- 3,570 businesses
- and provide 70,888 learning opportunities.
The 17 projects include:
- STEM and digital innovation and skills hubs
- Mobile equipment to support digital careers development and digital creative skills
- Specialist cutting-edge equipment to support the transformation and acceleration of digital and advanced manufacturing and engineering skills
- Advanced construction training centre
- Dairy automation and robotic milking centre
- Cybersecurity centres
Click on the images below to find out more about each of our projects promoting new technologies and developing digital and technical skills.