Net Zero and Energy Efficiency
Businesses of all sizes are committing to do their bit to cut carbon emissions, reduce energy usage and protect the planet.
In 2021 the UK government created the UK Business Climate Hub, which has resources and tools for SMEs to join the fight against climate change by committing to reducing their greenhouse gas emissions.
The Business Climate Hub has lots of resources and tools to help you reduce your carbon footprint including tools on:
- Calculating Your Emissions
- Reducing Your Own Emissions
- Reducing Value Chain Emissions
- Strategy & Governance
- Influence Change
Businesses in Cheshire West and Chester can access support through the Race to Zero support service.
There are lots of other programmes, tools and organisations that can help you achieve net zero and reduce your carbon footprint.
Some of these include:
- Ofgen- Guidance for small businesses on energy grants, schemes and advice to lower carbon emissions and get more efficient with commercial energy use.
- Carbon Trust- Steps to energy saving-tools for SMEs.
- Carbon Trust-The Lighting Business Case Tool has been designed to help UK based SMEs assess the potential for investing in more energy efficient solutions.
- Eco-I NW-Offering access to the equipment, expertise and research of six North West Universities to develop low carbon products, processes and services.
- BSI- free Energy Management Standard BS ISO 50005
- Planet Mark- Offering sustainability certifications for businesses, real estate and for products.
For more support in understanding the ways to go net zero and support available then contact the Growth Hub.