The Yocto Digital project operates to achieve the following two main Goals:
- Cyber Skills: Inspire potential talents and bridge the gaps to create a pipeline for cybersecurity.
- Cyber Safety: Make people safe in the digital world.
The programme is aimed at people who are interested in gaining cyber and digital skills or simply wish to know more about cybersecurity - even with no related background or prior knowledge. At our digital training centre, our operatives run a series of workshops starting with the Cyber Security Taster Sessions. During these workshops, participants have the chance to do some threat hunting and cybersecurity simulations on ‘real-time’ cyberattacks. Participants will then engage in a series of exercises designed to get them thinking like cybersecurity professionals. Through the purchase of a Learning Management System we now have the capability to deliver sessions and courses both face-to-face and online.
The centre and the equipment are located at Sci-Tech Daresbury, Keckwick Ln, Daresbury, Warrington WA4 4FS.
Technologies / Equipment
- Mouse and Keyboard
- TV Display
- Network Infrastructure Devices
- Server software licenses
- Raspberry pi
- Whiteboard and other office equipment
- Talent LMS Learning Management System
Skills being developed
- Developing a cybersecurity expert mindset
- Hands-on experience in cybersecurity.
- Hands-on experience in cybersecurity and possible career paths
- Gaining awareness about cybersecurity risk
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and work in a team
- Presentation and communication skills
- Being detail oriented
- Practicing out of the box and creative thinking.
- Practicing decision making and dealing with its consequences.
- Practicing creative thinking, decision making and dealing with its consequences
- Ability to synthesize information and link technical concepts to the business application environment
- Practicing a balance between technology and the human factor in cybersecurity
Contact: Rozita Karami