The world’s first net zero industrial cluster.
Origin in Ellesmere Port will be one of the most important industrial and employment clusters in the UK.
It now presents a transformational economic growth opportunity and has the potential to both fast track the Council’s Climate Emergency Response Plan commitments and the UK’s Green Industrial Revolution and Road to Net Zero ambitions.
Significantly, it is a once-in-a-generation opportunity for the residents of Cheshire West and Chester and supports wider regeneration including for the town centre of Ellesmere Port, alongside supporting an Inclusive Economy in the borough.
The vision for Origin is ambitious and transformational, with six key strands
- Become one of the UK’s first ‘Super Places’ –supporting the UK Government’s ‘Green Industrial Revolution’.
- Deliver one of the world’s first Net Zero Carbon Industrial Clusters, at the forefront of research, development and implementation of a new generation of industrial processes,
- Reinforce the area's role as the economic engine of Cheshire West and Chester and the wider region/sub-region by boosting its profile nationally, safeguarding existing employers and allowing expansion and indigenous growth.
- Connect local people to jobs, skills and training opportunities with a focus on re-training and upskilling to facilitate improved access into higher value, innovative and growing employment sectors.
- Deliver a nationally leading brand and business environment that will attract inward investment.
- Improve the quality of place and quality of life for local people.