Helping employers to fill vacancies and grow the skills of their workforce
Skills Bootcamps will support Cheshire and Warrington’s social and economic objectives of delivering a sustainable, healthy, inclusive and growing economy. Cheshire and Warrington LEP have been awarded £1 million from the Department for Education to deliver Skills Bootcamps to 264 learners in Cheshire and Warrington.
What are Skills Bootcamps?
Skills Bootcamps are free, flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with a local employer.
Key features of Skills Bootcamps are they provide:
- flexible training programmes of up to 16 weeks with a minimum of 60 guided learning hours
- an opportunity to upskill staff and or fill job vacancies
- level 3 – 5 training for medium to high level vacancies
- guaranteed job interviews or offer of change in responsibilities
- employers can be involved in the recruitment onto bootcamps, delivery of training and offering interviews for vacancies
- training for employees in the public, private and voluntary sectors