Sustainable Business Bootcamp: People, Planet, Profit
This bootcamp will take place in February and March, split into four 3-hour sessions: Monday 28th Feb, Monday 7th March, Monday 14th March & Monday 21st March from 10:00- 13:00. Attendees must be able to attend all four sessions to be eligible.
You must be eligible to register on the Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme to attend this bootcamp. Check criteria below.
This course talks businesses through how to grow their business with an eye on the triple bottom line, minimising their environmental impact (including reducing their carbon footprint) and maximising the positive social, economic and environmental contribution which they make.
Designed for businesses or entrepreneurs trading for 2+ years who are keen to grow their business in a responsible and sustainable way. Younger businesses may be considered.
Attendees leave this workshop with a deeper understanding of the opportunities and challenges of truly sustainable growth, and a plan for how they want to include sustainability (in all its forms) as part of their future strategy planning and operational management.
Agenda (subject to slight changes to meet the needs of the group):
- An introduction to triple bottom line accounting
- Carbon footprint – the basics, how can you measure, how can you reduce (and how to be more efficient), carbon credits and offsetting
- Cost implications of improved sustainability (where can you reduce cost, where should you invest)
- Social and economic impact – how to measure, how to improve and how communicate, reporting for sustainability, impact, reporting and transparency
- Building sustainability into your value proposition and as part of your employee engagement
- Your commitments and what that means for your supply chain, customers and team, accessing support and resources
Introduction to the Delivery Partner
Ruby Star Associates help businesses, social enterprises and charities of all shapes and sizes grow, build accountable teams, generate more income, and innovate. We help leaders free up their time, surround themselves with brilliance and focus on the stuff that really matters. We are all about enterprise, entrepreneurship and making a massive difference.
Adrian Ashton, the Ruby Star Associate delivering this bootcamp, is an award-winning social enterprise and charity consultant who offers 16 years of expertise and insight to support a wide range of organisations of all types.
Who can attend?
You need to be registered, or be eligible to register, on the ERDF-funded Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme. To be eligible you must be:
- Small/medium – your business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) or home address is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
- Able to commit to receiving 12 hours of support through our workshops and 1:1s, and must not have achieved over 6 hours of support already.
Please contact us to discuss the support if you're unsure of eligibility firstname.lastname@example.org, 01244 512 655.
How to join the workshop
Once you have registered your interest through Eventbrite, a member of the team will be in contact to confirm your eligibility and place on the workshop. You will then be provided with a link to join the sessions via Zoom. If you have not used Zoom before, try downloading and testing it out beforehand. Here is a link to some tutorials Here is a link to some tutorials if you struggle or you can email us email@example.com.
Photographs and/or recordings will take place throughout the event. Images will be used for publicity or other purposes to help achieve the UoC ERDF Funded C&W Business Growth Programme aims. This might include (but is not limited to) use in printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please speak to a member of the Business Growth Programme Team when you join the event.