Start-Up Bootcamp: Grow, Thrive, Survive
This bootcamp will take place in May split into four 3-hour sessions and will be available to attend in person or online via Zoom link. Attendees must be able to attend all four sessions to be eligible.
Monday 9th, 16th, 23rd May 2022 (10:00- 13:00) - Online Attendance
Online attendees will receive an email with details on how to join live one week beforehand.
Monday 30th May 2022 (10:00 -13:00) - In-person event (online for those who cannot attend in person) at University of Chester, Time Square, Warrington, WA1 2NT (opposite indoor market).
In-person seating and tickets are restricted to a limited number of guests. The University of Chester is still abiding by current Government guidelines.
Kickstart your new venture with interactive and intensive support to get you started on the right foot alongside a group of supportive peers.
Designed for pre-starts, SMEs and sole traders new to business (trading less than 12 months), the Start-Up Bootcamp provides an opportunity for entrepreneurs to focus on developing a viable, successful and sustainable business.
The bootcamp is also suitable for trading SMEs and sole traders needing to take the time out to reframe strategy and reinvent their business model or launch new products/services.
Attendees will leave this programme with a clear plan on how to move their new business forward, a refined business proposition, clear ideas on structure and model. In addition, they’ll have had a chance to reflect on their own mindset and resilience and consider what support and resources they may need.
Agenda (subject to slight changes to meet the needs of the group):
- Mindset & resilience.
- Lean start-up modelling, finance (the basics).
- Reviewing, developing and testing your value proposition, intro to experiment design.
- Developing your pitch.
- Marketing on a shoestring.
- Accountability, review and action planning.
Introduction to the Delivery Partner
Ruby Star Associates help businesses, social enterprises and charities of all shapes and sizes grow, build accountable teams, generate more income, and innovate. We help leaders free up their time, surround themselves with brilliance and focus on the stuff that really matters. We are all about enterprise, entrepreneurship and making a massive difference.
Simon Calderbank, the Ruby Star Associate delivering this bootcamp, is an expert in behavioural psychology, elite performance development and developing growth mind-set. He is an experienced facilitator, trainer and coach and has great experience and knowledge in helping people and their start-up businesses, given he runs his own! He has helped to develop and deliver many bootcamps via our programme, to great acclaim from delegates.
Who can attend?
You need to be registered, or be eligible to register, on the ERDF-funded Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme. To be eligible you must be:
- Small – your business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%. You may also be a pre-start business.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) or home address is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
- Able to commit to receiving 12 hours of support through our workshops and 1:1s, and must not have achieved over 6 hours of support already.
- Be new to business or facing significant need to change or adapt your business.
Register your place here