Wellbeing Walks in West Cheshire
Run by Cheshire West and Chester Council
There is a regular series of weekday Wellbeing Walks available across the borough run by Cheshire West and Chester Council in partnership with The Ramblers.
All of the walks are led by a team of enthusiastic and friendly volunteer walk leaders. Walkers are recommended to wear appropriate footwear and clothing as the walks take place in all weather conditions throughout the year.
No advanced booking is needed walkers just need to register for their first walk. New walkers are always welcome.
Councillor Louise Gittins, Leader of Cheshire West and Chester Council said: “Walking is an excellent and simple way to increase your activity levels, tone up, help manage your weight, reduce your blood pressure, make your heart fitter and is good for your mental wellbeing.
“Now is the perfect time to put those New Year Resolutions into practise. Walking in a group helps you to stay motivated, gives you the opportunity to make new friends and experience new places and greenspaces.”
Current walks available (all walk durations are approximate.)
- Winsford Wellbeing Walks starting 10am and 1pm (60 minutes) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tarporley Wellbeing Walk starting 9.30am (60 Minutes) Contact Lindsey: 07593 138655 or email: email@example.com
- Malpas Short Walk, every second Tuesday, starting 10.15am (45 minutes) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chester Grosvenor Park Strollers starting 11am (40 minutes) Meeting at St John’s Church, Vicars Lane, CH1 1QQ
Contact Mal: 07826 625367Blacon Wellbeing Walk starting 9.30am (45 Minutes)
- Contact Kate: 07824991913 or email: email@example.com
Frodsham Short Walk starting 10.30am (30 Minutes) contact Lesley: firstname.lastname@example.org or Peter: email@example.com
- Lache Wellbeing Walk starting 9.30am (45 minutes) Contact: 07436 854181 or: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northwich Wellbeing Walk starting 10.30am (60 minutes) Contact: email@example.com
- Frodsham Wellbeing Walk starting 10.30am (60 to 90 Minutes) Contact Lesley: firstname.lastname@example.org or Peter: email@example.com
- Malpas Long Walks every second Thursday starting 10.15am (60 to 90 minutes) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Wendy: 01829 250413
- Helsby Wellbeing Walk starting 10.30am (30 Minutes) Contact John: 01928 722292 or email: email@example.com
- Northwich Walk starting 10.30am (60 minutes) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Countess of Chester Country Park starting 1pm (60 minutes) Contact: email@example.com
The Council is looking to grow the programme and host walks in other areas of the borough. Full training provided in conjunction with The Ramblers.
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer walk leader or setting up a walk can contact the Health Ranger to receive more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the wellbeing walk programme there is a promotional video https://youtu.be/Mgy9iuBbWs0