Revealed: The winners at the Marketing Cheshire Annual Awards 2021/22
The awards recognised excellence and outstanding achievement
The winners of the Marketing Cheshire Annual Awards 2021/22 have been revealed.
The awards recognised excellence and outstanding achievement by local businesses and individuals working in Cheshire’s visitor economy.
On March 24 more than 300 guests from across the leisure and hospitality industry gathered at Nunsmere Hall for the awards and to see who would be taking home the top prizes.
Winners in the 18 categories include Chester Zoo for Large Visitor Attraction of the Year and the new Resilience and Innovation Award, The Fishpool Inn for Pub of the Year and Restaurant 1539 in the Taste of Cheshire category.
In fact, Chester Zoo went on to win the Visitor Attraction Gold Award and Resilience and Innovation Silver Award at the national Visit England Awards for Excellence.
Our Awards took place during English Tourism Week and were hosted by composer, musical director and performer Matt Baker.
A charity prize draw on the night raised funds for the DEC Ukrainian Humanitarian Appeal.
Nicola Said, commercial director at Marketing Cheshire, said: “It was fantastic to have representatives from Cheshire’s visitor economy gathered together to celebrate some of the best of what we have to offer.
“We know how tough it’s been for businesses over the last couple of years, particularly in the hospitality industry, so after two years away it was great to have the chance to get everyone together again.
“We all know Cheshire is a great place to visit and our winners are just some of the businesses and individuals that make it so popular with guests from around the country and abroad.
“We had so many fantastic entrants and I’d like to thank them all for entering, as well as everyone who helped make the event happen. Finally, a huge congratulations to all our winners.”
Joe Manning, Chief Executive of Marketing Cheshire, said: “I’d like to extend my congratulations to all our worthy winners as well as everyone who was highly commended and shortlisted.
“Business across Cheshire work incredibly hard to make it a welcoming and exciting place to visit and these awards help us to mark these efforts.
“Many of our award winners will go on to represent the county at national level at the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2022 where hopefully they’ll showcase their efforts and pick up some more prizes.
“As we continue through 2022 I know businesses will continue to thrive and innovate and I can’t wait to see what they will offer to guests and customers.”
A full list of winners is as follows:
- Accessible and Inclusive Tourism Award - Storyhouse
- Best Manager Award - Hannah Monteverde, Park Manager - BeWILDerwood Cheshire
- Best Tourism Marketing Project of the Year - Percy the Park Keeper: A year in Percy's Park - Tatton Park
- Camping, Glamping and Holiday Park of the Year - Pitch & Canvas
- Experience of the Year - The Spa at Carden
- Large Hotel of the Year - Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year (sponsored by Insight6) - Chester Zoo
- Newcomer Award (sponsored by Hipswing) - Townhouse Hotel & Secret Garden
- New Tourism Business Award (sponsored by The University of Chester Business School) - BeWILDerwood Cheshire
- Pub of the Year - The Fishpool Inn
- Resilience and Innovation Award (sponsored by Pear Communications) - Chester Zoo
- Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year - Cheshire Boutique Barns
- Small Serviced Accommodation Provider of the Year - The Pheasant Inn
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year (sponsored by DigiTickets) - Escapism Chester
- Taste of Cheshire Award - Restaurant 1539
- Team of the Year - The Mere Golf Resort and Spa Team
- Unsung Hero Award - Aimee Glennon - The Garden House Marple Charity
- Wedding Venue of the Year - Nunsmere Hall Hotel
- Accessible and Inclusive Tourism Award - Guild of Chester Tour Guides, McArthurGlen Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet
- Best Tourism Marketing Project of the Year - Post-lockdown recovery through social media growth - Carden Park Hotel
- Camping, Glamping and Holiday Park of the Year - Blakemere Touring & Holiday Park
- Large Hotel of the Year - Hotel Indigo Chester
- Resilience and Innovation Award - Tatton Park
- Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year - Sandstone Trail Cottages
- Team of the Year - Carden Park Hotel - The Spa at Carden Team
- Wedding Venue of the Year - Mottram Hall Champneys