The US Museum, Heritage and Visitor Attraction Industry: Supply Opportunities for North West Businesses
Without an audience museums, galleries, parks and other visitor attractions are mere shells. Effective and imaginative solutions are needed to meet the challenging expectations of a continually evolving audience. And what of our city and community spaces? Given the difficult last two years it is crucial for local authorities to offer place-making and enriching mini-environments to recapture footfall and stimulate recovery.
The experiential market in the US is likely to be a billion dollar opportunity over the next five years, with investment in museums alone slated to be worth several hundred million. Add to this, the significant investment in the wider visitor attractions market, immersive brand experiences plus experiential retail, and the potential looks substantial.
The UK has a strong reputation for offering the highest quality, innovative concepts, products and services that are shaping the future of visitor experiences.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) and Experience UK have developed initiatives to assist this amazing array of UK companies secure export sales to the US museum, heritage and attractions field.
We encourage relevant North West businesses to join us at Gulliver's World, Warrington for an experience-filled day where you will:
- Gain an up-to-date overview of the experiential market in the USA
- Learn the key findings of DIT's recently commissioned research on the US museums sector
- Explore the current and forthcoming opportunities to sell into the USA
- Understand the support available to NW businesses plus specific activities to help connect to these opportunities
- Hear from local businesses operating in this sector on trading with overseas markets and how using DIT and partner support can enhance and accelerate your endeavours.
- Connect and network with your local experience economy peers.
The hosts at Gulliver's World have also planned a few surprises to help make the day memorable!