Northern Powerhouse Trade Mission Offshore Wind, USA
The Department for International Trade is inviting established exporters and high-growth businesses based in the North of England that are active in the offshore wind sector to join a trade mission to North East USA. This is a good opportunity for you to explore and develop trade and collaboration opportunities in the USA, our biggest single partner for trade and investment.
The mission’s primary focus will be attendance at IPF22, the premier offshore wind energy conference in North America, from 26-28th April 2022. Hosted by the Business Network for Offshore Wind, IPF connects global leaders and businesses in the offshore wind supply chain, offering networking opportunities and updates on the industry, from technology and policy, to safety and siting. The event will provide registered visitors with the opportunity to arrange 1:1 meetings with other visitors and exhibitors through the organiser’s WindMatch program
Our main aim for the mission is to showcase the best capabilities that the Northern Powerhouse region has to offer in the offshore wind supply chain. To be suitable for the trade mission, companies will need to be:
- already actively selling their products or services in the offshore wind sector, ideally to export markets
- based in the Northern Powerhouse region (North East, North West, Yorkshire & Humber sub-regions) ideally with a minimum annual turnover of £250,000
The primary objective for the mission is to help companies explore the US market with a view to boosting their export business there. Places for the mission will be in demand and we have tailored the eligibility criteria to match the profile of businesses that we feel will be best-placed to benefit from the visit.
The mission will close for applications on Sunday 27th February 2022. The deadline will not be extended as there are arrangements and activities that need to be completed prior to mission departure.
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Single visitor entry pass to IPF22 (normal IPF Member entry fee is $1,595)
- Access to a series of briefings delivered by specialist speakers, innovation hubs, key players in the market, and in-country experts from:
- Choose New Jersey
- Empire State Development
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC)
- New Jersey Economic Development Authority
- Rhode Island Commerce
- Coach/train transfers during the group programme (not individual transfers from airport to hotel or hotel to airport)
- Some networking breakfasts/lunches
- Some evening receptions
- Tours of ports in New Jersey and New Bedford
What’s not included in the registration fee?
- Food & Drink outside of the organised group activity in the programme
- Other travel outside of the group programme – taxis, subways etc.
- Any other costs – ESTA, COVID testing etc.
- One-to-one appointment making services
Companies will need to book and pay for their own flights to and from the UK and hotels, which are not included in the package cost. This should only be done after your place on the mission has been formally confirmed. Whilst some food and drink will be provided at networking receptions, delegates will be responsible for their own in-market subsistence and in-market travel outside of the group programme.