Bidding for Public Sector Contracts
Tuesday 15th February 2022, 10am - 4.30pm
The workshop aims to show Cheshire and Warrington businesses how to ‘get started’ in the bid process, how to produce a tender response for the public sector and best practice in writing a bid response.
The workshop will be split into two sessions, businesses can choose to attend all day or can choose to attend the afternoon session.
The morning session is focused on the basics of tendering and is suitable for business owners with no experience of bidding for public sector work.
The afternoon session will concentrate on best practice when bidding; providing businesses with insights on how to submit a high-quality tender response. Attendees will also benefit from hearing about local opportunities and from a local business who has successfully bid for public sector work.
This virtual event will be via Zoom, we will send you a Zoom link a few days before the event.
Morning Session (10:00-13:00): Aimed at SME businesses with little or no knowledge of public sector bidding. This will include:
- Key terminology
- Basics of the public sector procurement process
- Overview of the ‘threshold’ (value) system.
- Finding opportunities
- Different types of procurement
- Tender documents
- Bid strategy
- Social value
- Q&A with the trainer
Afternoon Session (14:00-16:30): Aimed at more experienced businesses who want to write the best responses and win more contracts. This session will also allow businesses to hear from a range of public sector organisations on their upcoming opportunities. The session will include:
- The bidding process: How to introduce efficiencies and streamline the process
- Understanding the value proposition: The commercial aspects of a technical solution
- Competitor awareness
- Constructing client-focused written responses.
- Answer mapping
- Using case studies
- Creating a library of content
- Opportunities at Cheshire East Council, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Warrington Borough Council and HS2.
- Thrive Creative sharing their experience of winning public sector contracts.
- Q&A with the trainer and procurement teams
Cheshire and Warrington Growth Hub are working with Jo at Strive Consultancy to deliver this workshop. Strive Consultancy have a proven track record of helping companies of all sizes win bids and tenders.
This workshop is for businesses in Cheshire and Warrington only and places are limited to one per business.
Please note due to the nature of the session, it won't be suitable for charities who are looking at bidding for public sector work. If you are a charity who is interested in this then please contact email@example.com and we can provide you with relevant information.