Crewe & HS2
Crewe’s location makes the place a real gateway to the North of England
Crewe’s location makes the Place a real gateway to the North of England. Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham are all within an hour’s drive. Both rail and road connectivity, with close proximity to the M6 opens up a wealth of opportunities.
Strengths in Rail:
- Crewe is at the heart of rail transformation with a strategic location between the Midlands Engine and Northern Powerhouse regions.
- Crewe will be the first HS2 hub in the north, up to 10 years earlier than Manchester.
- Access to a labour pool of over 3 million people within a 45-minute commute. 12 major universities within an hour of Crewe.
- Crewe has 7% of the rail workforce in England and is already home to many rail customers, suppliers and wider transport sector.
- Crewe offers a unique opportunity to build on the existing rail industry and workforce to grow a strong supply chain cluster around the station hub and wider town.
Crewe as an investment location:
- Benefitting from low land values now ahead of projected uplifts. Headline office rents are 84-87% lower than Birmingham or Manchester
- Opportunity to become landmark occupier
- £38 million secured for town centre regeneration projects
- Enjoy unrivalled connectivity to all major cities
- Access to highly skilled local workforce and huge talent pool
- Locating in a quality place to live, benefitting from millions of investment in regeneration