Become an Enterprise Adviser
The role of an Enterprise Adviser
We are looking for Enterprise Advisers to represent all secondary schools across Cheshire and Warrington. By partnering with a local secondary school or college, you can use your skills, business experience and networks to help them develop a strong careers programme that supports all students.
You can help bridge the gap between the world of work and education, working with the Careers Leader and wider senior leaders of the school or college to create opportunities for young people.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the school or college's senior leadership team strategically to develop and evaluate their careers plan.
- Providing a valuable employer's perspective on how a school or college can embed labour market information and opportunities into the careers programme.
- Engaging with local businesses and employers in your network to put a wide variety of careers opportunities at the heart of young people's education.
There are a huge number of benefits to becoming an Enterprise Adviser, both personally and professionally.
- Undertake strategic planning in a new context
- Develop your skills in communication and strategy development
- Support your local school or college to deliver world-class careers guidance to their students.
- Build strong working relationships with your local school or college and provide insight into your organisation and industry.
- Join a national and local network to develop your own skills.
- Give back to your local community.
- Better understand the education sector and the challenges faced.