Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
Get in touch

Self-Employed Support

Coronavirus Support: Self-Employed Support

Regular payments if you’re getting less or no work

If your income has gone down, you might be able to get:

  • New Style Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) if you’re under State Pension age, unemployed or are working less than 16 hours a week on average, and have made class 1 National Insurance contributions, usually by working as an employee over the last 2 to 3 years – your savings and partner’s income will not affect how much you get
  • Universal Credit if you or your partner are under State Pension age and you have £16,000 or less in savings – you might be able to get it at the same time as New Style JSA
  • Pension Credit if both you and your partner have reached State Pension age

Paying your tax bill

If you think you’re going to struggle to pay your tax bill on time, you can arrange a payment plan with HMRC. You must do this before the tax is due.