Food Safety in Manufacturing and Catering - Level 3
About this course
Topics include ensuring compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control.
Who is the course for?
The qualification is designed for learners who wish to progress to higher or supervisory level within a food manufacturing business.
- Recognise the importance of implementing food safety management procedures
- The main characteristics of food related illness
- Awareness of the current food safety legislation requirements affecting food handlers and supervisors
- The role of those working in a manufacturing in internal and external food safety inspections/audits
- The role of those working in a manufacturing in dealing with food complaints and investigations
- Identify the process for applying a food safety management system into a food business
- Identify methods for, and the importance of, verifying food safety controls and procedures
- Identifying and selecting suitable controls and monitoring, to prevent food safety hazards
- Process of implementing and maintaining high standards of personal hygiene
- Requirements for induction and ongoing training of staff
- Process of implementing procedures for cleaning, disinfection, waste disposal and pest control
- Importance of, and methods for temperature control within food manufacturing
- Responsibilities of those working in a manufacturing environment when identifying hazards posed by, and procedures to control microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic contamination
For further information and cost contact Julie Bent on 01270 613191 or email email@example.com
The online with a tutor course cost is £385 per delegate
The classroom based course cost is £370
The online with a tutor course cost with Accelerate grant is £231 per delegate
The classroom based course cost with Accelerate grant is £222 per delegate